Aim and objectives
Relevant and attractive science communication is an important contributing factor to people embracing science in general, and research results in particular, and it also creates societal impact. The more successful the field of science communication is in reaching the general public and interesting them in how science benefits the Netherlands, the greater the acceptance of science will be.
The aim of the call “NWA Science communication” is to award a broad range of projects that can give science communication in the Netherlands a new boost. This may concern new forms of communication, but also the novel use of existing resources, so that another audience is reached or different light is thrown on how the public views a subject. Ideally, the research will also help to acquire new insights about generating impact among a wider audience than the target groups already interested in science. The explicit focus of the call is reaching an audience that would not come into contact with science automatically, an audience that may not yet have a clear idea about what exactly science entails and what it means for society.
Budget and duration
The deadline for submitting proposals is 22 September 2020 at 14:00:00 CE(S)T.
The budget for the 2020 funding round is one million euros.
Members Committee NWA Science communication round 2020
- Ir. R.G.H. Bluemink, Technische Universiteit Delft
- H. Bouwmans, HB Social Design
- M. Coster MA MSc, Grey Matters
- Drs. F.W. van Dam, Universiteit Utrecht
- Dr. P. van der Duin, Stichting Toekomstbeeld van Techniek
- Drs. L.H.A. van Drooge, Rathenau Institute
- F. Ellenbroek, voormalig directeur Natuurmuseum Brabant
- A. Horsham, Buro Blikvangers
- J. Jansen, New Scientist
- A. van der Laan, Oranjehotel Scheveningen
- Prof. dr. J.H.R. Lutters, ArtEZ Hogeschool voor de Kunsten
- Prof. dr. D. van de Mheen, Tilburg University
- Prof. dr. H.F.M. te Molder, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam/Wageningen University and Research
- Dr. H.A.J. Mulder, Rijksuniversiteit Groningen
- A. Nooijen MSc, Technopolis Group (voorzitter)
- B. Pander, BKB
- Dr. R.J. Renes, Hogeschool van Amsterdam
- B. Seghers, Koninklijke Vlaamse Academie van België voor Wetenschappen en Kunsten
- J. Verkroost, Verkroost.com
- Dr. S.E. Wildevuur, Universiteit Twente