Advisory committee Particle and Astroparticle Physics
The advisory committee gives solicited and unsolicited advice to the board of the NWO Science domain on proposals for new programmes. The committee also has a monitoring role regarding the progress of ongoing programmes.
The Particle and Astroparticle Physics advisory committee is made up of the following:
NWO-secretary: Remko Achten
Research community advisory committee duties and procedures
The research community advisory committees are assigned the following tasks:
- Identifying new developments in the sub-field of the research community advisory committee;
- Maintaining contact with the research field;
- Maintaining the network with the Dutch National Research Agenda, top sectors, TKI HTSM, the Platform Academische Natuurkunde etc.;
- Monitoring the progress of ongoing research programmes in the sub-field in question, including advising the Physics Round Table at the conclusion of these programmes;
- Monitoring ongoing research and existing facilities and new initiatives;
- Helping shape and implement the NWO network and forum function in consultation with the field (during Physics@Veldhoven and DutchBiophysics for example);
- Giving unsolicited and solicited advice to the Physics Round Table and to the Science board.