The Stevin Prize primarily honours the social impact of scientific research.
Budget and Duration
The NWO Stevin Prize is awarded annually, since 2018, to a maximum of two (teams of) researchers.
The laureates each receive 2.5 million euro to spend on research and/or activities on knowledge exchange and impact.
NWO requests selected persons to nominate candidates for this prize. The selection committee 2019 was composed of the following persons:
- Prof. Jan Karel Lenstra, (technical) chair
- Prof. Matthias Wessling, RWTH Aachen University (DE)
- Prof. Christine Nicol, The Royal Veterinary College (UK)
- Prof. Henk van der Vorst, Utrecht University (retired)
- Prof. Marcel Levi, University College London Hospitals (UK)
- Prof. Jan Fransoo, Kühne Logistics University (DE)
- Prof. Elspeth Guild, University of London (UK)
- Prof. Lasse Gerrits, University of Bamberg (DE)
- Prof. Janet van Hell, Pennsylvania State University (US)
- Prof. Frank Boons, The University of Manchester (UK)
- Dr. Laura van Broekhoven, Pitt Rivers Museum Oxford (UK)
- Dr. Peter Berben, BASF The Netherlands
- Drs. Hans Schikan, Pharvaris and Dutch Top Sector Life Sciences and Health
NWO Stevin Prize 2020
This year two researchers will receive the Stevin Prize: Ton Schumacher and Linda Steg.