NWO is executing the NWA programme on behalf of the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science. NWO finds it important to financially support the 25 routes of the Dutch National Research Agenda in organising their networks. Routes play a role in the organisation of their research area(‘s). Routes can connect researchers applying for funding from the NWA-programme, engage the whole knowledge chain, bring together relevant partners in consortia, ensure valorisation of research findings, and guard scientific and societal breakthroughs and goals that were formulated for the route.
Who can apply
- Only ‘boegbeelden’ or ‘trekkers’ of the 25 routes of the Portfolio for research and innovation of the Dutch Research Agenda can apply. This list shows all routes, ‘trekkers’ and ‘boegbeelden’. For some routes there are multiple names listed: on the application, only one of them can figure as the applicant.
- There is a maximum of one application per route.
What to apply for
The maximum grant amount is € 50.000,- The routes differ in size and structure; hence, they can decide how to use the grant amount. More details can be found in de call for proposals.
When to apply for
- Applications can be submitted at any moment and will be assessed ongoing upon receipt.
- The final date on which applications can be submitted is the 18th of November, 2021.
- The application clearly indicates how the activities will contribute to the further development of the route and also indicates the results that these activities can lead to and the expected impact.
- The expenditure of the funding must facilitate inclusive collaboration within the route. Route activities should be open for new parties. There is clear justification for how this is promoted by the activities described in the application.
The first step in the assessment procedure is to determine the eligibility of the application. This is done using the conditions stated in previous paragraphs of this call for proposals. Applications that do not satisfy these conditions will not be taken into consideration. No external advice will be sought for these applications. NWO assesses the application and makes the granting decision. The decision will be communicated to the main applicant.
The programme secretariat will issue an immediate final settlement of the grant.
You will find all of the documents that you need for your application here. Applications must be submitted through the ISAAC application and reporting system. If you do not have an ISAAC account yet, then please create one at least one workday in advance. More information about writing a proposal and which forms you need to use can be found below. Please download and use the forms below.
Downloads for your application
Applications can be submitted at any moment and will be assessed ongoing upon receipt.
- Do you already have an ISAAC account?
- Have you filled in the application form and saved it as a pdf file?