ICT with Industry workshop
In collaboration with computer science researchers NWO Physical Sciences and STW are organizing the annual workshop ICT with Industry 2016. The workshop offers the unique opportunity to accelerate the industrial innovation process through applying new methods and techniques developed during the workshop.
The main aim of the workshop is to increase the collaboration between science and industry. The workshop strives for direct and rapid interaction between ICT researchers and industrial partners. It has the following objectives:
- To stimulate contact between ICT research and industrial R&D, by identifying and analyzing challenging problems and emerging technologies in multidisciplinary teams.
- To obtain creative solutions for industrial problems and to find new approaches that could lead to such solutions.
- To give insight into the wide range of possibilities ICT research offers (primarily to industry, but also to the general public), and thereby enable accelerated innovation.
- To enrich the PhD students’ and postdocs’ experience in collaborating with industry.
The workshop participants represent a variety of disciplines within the ICT-research. A diversity of knowledge and expertise is therefore available to tackle the ICT-related challenges from the industry in an accelerated and creative environment.
• 5 April: Deadline for submission case studies (closed)
• Early May: Selection of five challenges and assignment of team leader
• June: Publication of cases and call for participation
• 1 October: Deadline registration
• 7-11 November: workshop ICT with Industry 2016 at Lorentz Center in Leiden
More information: Call for Participation
Registration for participants: https://www.lorentzcenter.nl/lc/web/2016/851/registration.php3?wsid=851&venue=Oort
During the ICT with Industry researchers experience how they can contribute to the challenges as formulated by the industrial partners or governmental organizations. In this way the researchers also get the opportunity to interact directly with participating partners. At the same time the workshop offers a platform for expanding own expertise and developing new scientific insights by exchanging knowledge with colleagues from other research groups. The participating partners benefit from the knowledge and expertise of the researchers, discover new talents for their own recruitment, and expand their academic network.
Outline of workshop programme
The workshop starts on Monday morning with a plenary presentation of the company challenges. In the afternoon the teams split and start to work on their individual cases. There will be daily sessions where each team will share with each other its provisional ‘midterm’ findings. On Friday, the teams present their final results to the entire group. In addition, there will be evening sessions which provide ample opportunity to meet with the participants of the other teams and to exchange ideas.
The steering committee consist out of the following people:
• Prof. Dr. Arend Rensink (Delft University of Technology) - chair
• Dr. Alexandru Iosup (Delft University of Technology)
• Dr. Ana Oprescu (University of Amsterdam)
• Prof. Dr. Remco Veltkamp (University of Utrecht)
• Dr. Joaquin Vanschoren (Eindhoven University of Technology)
• Dr. Claudia Hauff (Delft University of Technology)
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or contact:
Mw. Rosemarie van der Veen-Oei (NWO),
Tel: +31 (0)70 344 05 87, mobiel: +31 (0) 6 303 69 859
Mw. Margriet Janz (STW)
Tel: +31 (0)30 600 12 11, mobiel: +31 (0)6 290 728 12