Visitor's Travel Grant
Researchers in the Netherlands can apply for a visitor's grant for highly qualified senior researchers from abroad who hold a PhD. With this grant these researchers can stay in the Netherlands for a maximum of four months.
A visitor's grant is intended for the visit of a foreign researcher who makes an important contribution to a ongoing Dutch research project.
The aim of the visitor’s grants is to facilitate the cooperation between Dutch and foreign researchers. This increases the knowledge about Dutch research in other countries and strengthens the expertise at the Dutch research group.
Who can apply
Starting 2017 a researcher (at least post-doc), with a tenured position at one of the Dutch universities, KNAW institutes, NWO institutes, NKI, MPI Nijmegen, researchers from the Dubble Beamline at the ESRF in Grenoble, NCB Naturalis, and the Advanced Research Centre for NanoLithography (ARCNL) can apply for a visitor's grant.
What to apply for
Subsistence costs are remunerated for a maximum period of four months with a standard payment of:
- 1750 euros per month for an experienced researcher;
- 2000 euros per month for a professor.
International travel costs are reimbursed up to a maximum of:
- 500 euros for researchers from Europe;
- 1500 euros for researchers from outside of Europe.
When to apply
Applications can be submitted up until six months before the start of the visit and until the reserved budget for the programmes Visitor’s Travel Grant, Cooperation Germany - Von Humboldt Stiftung, Cooperation Japan, Cooperation Taiwan and Cooperation China travel and subsistence costs, seminars has been exhausted.
The following assessment criteria will be used:
- quality of the applicant;
- quality and seniority of the visitor;
- quality and feasibility of the work plan for the work visit in relation to the period requested;
- importance of the work visit for the progress of the ongoing research project;
- knowledge utilisation.
The NWO-wide grant committee will assess the applications.
Open for application
Cooperation and Exchange
185,000 euro per half year