Innovational Research Incentives Scheme
This Talent Scheme provides three grants for talented, creative researchers who engage in innovative research.
The Innovational Research Incentives Scheme offers personal grants to talented, creative researchers. The funding enables applicants to do their own line of research. This boosts innovative research and promotes mobility within scientific research institutes.
Who can apply
The Innovational Research Incentives Scheme comprises three grants geared to different stages in a researcher’s scientific career:
- Veni, for researchers who have recently obtained their PhD
- Vidi, for researchers who have gained several years of research experience after their PhD
- Vici, for senior researchers who have demonstrated an ability to develop their own line of research
What to apply for
A maximum of 250,000 euros for Veni, 800,000 euros for Vidi, and 1.5 million euros for Vici.
When to apply
Closing dates for proposals:
- Veni applications, 5 January 2016, 14:00 hrs
- Vidi applications, 6 October 2016, 14:00 hrs
- Vici open for preliminary proposals, 24 March 2016, 14.00 hrs
- Vici full proposals, 25 August 2016, 14:00 hrs
There are separate assessment procedures for Veni, Vidi and Vici.
Temporarily closed for application
6 October 2016 14:00
A total of 150 million euros per year for Veni, Vidi and Vici
Ministry of OCW